Here is how the Christmas Movie Madness will work, beginning on November 4, you will have almost three weeks (20 days) to nominate your favorite Christmas movie. You can nominate the same movie or a different movie once a day for the 20 days. Once the nomination period is over, I will tally the nominations and then proceed to place them in a 16 team bracket. The movie that received the most nominations during the 20 day period will receive the top spot (#1). The movie with the second most nominations will receive the #2 spot and so on until we reach #16.
Then the real fun begins. On November 25, 2013, the brackets will be revealed and the voting begins. The polls will be only open from Monday – Friday but you can vote one time per day during this period. Once the first week is over, the following Monday will be the unveiling of the 8 movies that were left standing.
The Christmas Movie Madness schedule will be as follows:
- November 4 – 24: Nomination of movies (one nomination per day is allowed)
- November 25 – 29: 16 team brackets revealed & voting begins
- December 2 – 6: The Elite 8 team brackets revealed & voting begins
- December 9 – 13: The Final 4 team brackets revealed & voting begins
- December 16 – 20: The Championship Round (2 remaining) will be revealed & voting begins
- December 25: The Winner of the Christmas Movie Madness will be revealed
So don’t forget:
- Nominations begin November 4, 2013
- Nominate your favorite movie every day for 20 days
- Top 16 teams will be placed in a 16 team bracket
- The first round of voting begins November 25, 2013